22 de junio de 2009

Selena Gomez creating a new band!!!!

The actress/singer is, not surprisingly, "super excited" about starting work on it. But if fans of the 16-year-old, who stars in "The Wizards of Waverly Place" on the Disney Channel, are expecting it to be all about Selena, they'd better think again.

"I'm going to be in a band — no Selena Gomez stuff," she told MTV News last week. "I'm not going to be a solo artist. I think that I don't want my name attached to it."


The star said that the album will have a pop/rock feel to it, and she plans to play instruments on some of the album's tracks.

"I basically want to make music that is fun and that parents and kids can jump around to and have a good time to," she said. "I will be singing, and I'm learning drums and playing electric guitar."

She even wants to take a backseat at times during live gigs. "I would like to try it and kind of switch it up," she said. "When I do the tour and stuff, I would like to do maybe a section on the piano or on guitar or on drums."

And although a musical career is relatively new to her, Selena is determined not to bite anyone else's style. "You know the [Jonas] boys and people like Demi [Lovato] are my friends, so I definitely would not copy or do anything that they did. They're really good, obviously, at what they're doing, so I'm going to let them have that. But it's also just kind of fun to learn things."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario